Time Commitment: Compensation:
Full-time (37.5 hours weekly)
62,000 to 65,000 (Depending on experience)
Primary Function: In accordance with the mission, objectives, by-laws and policies of the organization, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration of the organization including human resources, strategic planning and monitoring, fund development, communications, partnership development, and government relations. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, acts as the liaison between the Board and staff and provides leadership in the organization. The Executive Director, in collaboration with the (Co-chair and Chair) or designate is the media speaker person for SCI PEI.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public
Administration, Social Sciences or a related field.
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Experience in the non-profit sector Passion for Disability
- Experience in budget development, strategic planning management and human resources
- Ability to motivate and engage staff and board
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to network and work collaboratively with employees, volunteers, as well as diverse stakeholders and populations
- Strong writing skills including proposal and report writing
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media and technology Knowledge of risk management and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Other Requirements: Travel throughout PEI and access to reliable transportation is required. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as required. A criminal record and vulnerable persons sector check is required.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 9th, 2021.